We had a long boring day today!! We met our guide at 9 to go get her passport. First, we had to stop by the notary office to get our paper work. She told us to wait in the car, that it would just take a minute. It took about 30 minutes! Our driver in Hohhot is a little smitten with Hannah. He went in a store and got her a yogurt drink while we were waiting. Then he got her out of the car to walk around with her. It was really cute, and surprisingly... she seemed to like him!
We went to what seemed like a police station for the passport. China does not disappoint when it comes to craziness... crowded office, impatient people, complete chaos. I would have so much anxiety if I lived here. I am way too big of a control freak for a life like this! We got what we needed, but in the middle of everything I had to change Hannah's diaper. She had a belly ache and if I didn't change it, we would have a big mess! Our guide took me to a back hallway into a bathroom where I could change her on a windowsill. When we finished, she took me back to the hallway and told me to wait there while she went upstairs to have something signed. Hmmmmm, not feeling good about this one! Long, dark hallway in a police station by myself with Hannah. I asked if I could go back out with Rick but she told me no. We only waited a few minutes but I was so afraid someone was going to ask me why I was there and I would have no way to respond! We had to walk all the way around the building to get back to Rick, which is why she didn't want me to do it without her.
On the way back to the hotel, we found a medical supply store where Rick bought some more gauze for Hannah's wrap. Her colostomy site is now completely raw and bleeding. I am so worried about it. We soak it in desitin and now I am using a neosporin cream on it. Tonight before bed she was whimpering and patting her belly. She just cringes when I use a wipe on it. Breaks my heart! We couldn't use a bag now if we wanted to because her skin is so raw. I wish we could just let it air out. She isn't patient enough to just sit and let it air out, so we constantly have to keep it bandaged.
We didn't do anything all afternoon. We took one little walk around the park but the wind was so bad we had to come back to the hotel. We just played with our perfect little girl! She fell asleep at 6:15 tonight and we are praying for a clean, full night of sleep!
Here we are in the car on the way to get her passport.
Here she is with the yogurt drink our driver got her. She loved it!! I have been showing her how to smile for the camera and this time she actually did it!
We got McD's for lunch and it was pretty disgusting... no one finished their food. Rick bought a box of noodles at the store and Hannah loved them.
We played peek a boo in the bathroom today. She was cracking up!
We ordered her fried rice for dinner. She holds the bowl right under her mouth and shovels it in. If there is any liquid left in the bowl, she drinks it.
This girl is impossible to get to bed. She never wants to sleep! It is a relief when she finally settles in! We have the onesie on tonight with the hope her diaper does not come loose again!!
One funny thing I want to remember about Hannah is that she puts everything inside her water bottle. She puts cheerios, fruit snacks, M&Ms... you name it. I wonder what that is all about???
She also likes to pretend to talk on the phone. She must mimick her ayis. Have you ever heard a Chinese person talk on the phone? They make a lot of sounds like mmmm, mmmm, mmmm in different tones. She does that and it is hysterical!!! I need to get a video of it!
Although we are trying to enjoy our time here, we are counting down the days until we are home. 8 more sleeps, and we can't wait! We have nothing to do on Thursday, so we decided to visit her finding spot tomorrow. We fly out for Guangzhou on Friday morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment