We had our US Consulate appt. this morning and that is our last piece of official business. We took our oath that all information we provided was true and accurate. We signed the last document needed to get Hannah's visa. The United States requires that all kids be current on their immunizations before entering the US. Since Hannah has a heart condition, she has not received any immunizations. The US passed a new law that if parents sign a waiver (and get it notarized) adopted kids can enter the US without getting shots in China. We just need to get them done within the first 30 days of entering the States. The night before we left I had a panic attack because I forgot to get the form signed and notarized!! I prayed that something would work out and it did!!! The people at the consulate were super nice and notarized the form for me so Hannah can have her immunizations at home. It is amazing how God has provided every last detail to get Hannah home!
I was a little emotional during the Consulate appt. Hannah had such a long jurney to get to this point. She finally has a family. She finally has a real chance at life. To think that she will be a US citizen as soon as she lands on US soil is an overwhelming feeling. I can't wait!
We went back to the Island to spend the rest of our money :) One lady remembered us from 2010... we bought a lot of squeaky shoes from her. When she saw us, she said, "I remember you from a few years ago, you bought a lot of shoes!" Ha! Then she asked where Hannah was from. When we told her Inner Mongolia she said, "oh, a Mongolian... she will be big like you!" Leave it to the Chinese to be completely honest!
We are now counting down the hours until we leave. We miss our kids so much. I also miss my washing machine and hot iron for my hair :) I will do one more post from China tonight!
Cameras are not allowed in the consulate, so we had to snap this one quickly.
Kissing her mommy!
She loves french fries!
We had Hannah's name painted for her room. This man did it for us. He was really nice! A lot of the store owners on the Island are having a hard time. Now that adoptive families don't stay there, their business has really dropped.
My pretty girl! None of the clothes I brought for her fit well (and the ones that do are really dirty!) I bought her a lot of cute, comfortable dresses to wear. She looks darling in all of them!
No comments:
Post a Comment