We had an early start today. We met our group at 9:30 to tour a temple and a museum. I'm over the temples. I appreciate the history and the culture, but they all look the same and I have no desire to enter another temple again! The museum was OK, but I could've done without that one, too. We went to the pearl market where we bought Hannah some earrings and a necklace for her wedding. We did the same for Emma, so we felt like we needed to be fair. I have no idea if what we bought was quality pearls, but we sure did pay a lot for them. I guess the sentimental value makes it worth it. After the pearl market, a group of us decided to go to Shaiman Island to do some shopping and eat at Lucy's. We actually stayed on the Island when we adopted Emma and boy do we miss it! It is so pretty and everything is so close. You could shop and walk around all day! We enjoyed our visit and we really enjoyed our lunch/dinner at Lucy's. The food was delicious and it was fun to eat with so many families. We got a few dresses for the girls and a few other items but Hannah started to get tired. We hope to go back before we leave. I really want to get a chess set for my classroom and something for each of my boys. I also want to get the girls some Chinese dresses for when they are older. We didn't get back to the hotel until 5:15 so it was a long day. I love these busy days because it makes the time pass by quickly. We have 3 more full days and then we fly out. We are so anxious to get home!!
My happy girl is not so happy when it is time to go to bed or take a bath! It is awful trying to get her to go to sleep!
She had fun being out on the town today.
Our group at dinner. We love Lucy's... western food and it is all so good!
She was acting silly and wouldn't walk :)
When she is doing something naughty, or trying to get away with something, she points her finger at me and says NO. It is really cute now but only because we have known her for 10 days. It won't be so cute when we get home.
She was walking around like she owned the place.
Here we are in front of the Pearl River. It was so nice to see this everyday when we stayed here with Emma.
I love this picture. We have the same one with Emma. Hannah was even smiling for me! She played with the statue like it was a real kid.
No comments:
Post a Comment