Monday, April 12, 2010

Rough week...


This is what Matthew looks like today- poor baby!


It has been a rough week at the Fischer house! On Tuesday, Matthew had his adenoids taken out. For the most part, the recovery has been non-existent. But, sleeping has been AWFUL. I guess he has so much swelling in his nose that he can't breathe well, so at night he wakes up frequently, screaming and freaking out. He is also snoring and making horrible sounds in his sleep. They say the swelling can take up to 2 weeks to go down- yuck! On Thursday, Timmy started getting really fussy. The week before he had an ear infection, and I thought his ear didn't clear up and it was still that. After a day of crying and a night of no sleep, I took him to the doctor. He had a yucky virus... a red, swollen throat with puss all over it. Yuck!!!! He had a low fever, and he cried ALL DAY LONG! Rick said he went a stretch of about 2 hours without crying- but the rest of the day was not so good. He wouldn't eat, didn't sleep well, it was awful! The next day he was better, still not 100%, but today (Monday) he is basically completely normal. On Saturday his legs and face broke out in a bumpy rash. Hmmm, not sure if that is from the virus or from the amoxicillin he just finished up. So, this morning Matthew wakes up and doesn't want to eat. Interesting- that kid eats all day long. He said he just wants water. Now, he is laying on the couch with a fever, crying and totally miserable. And, he still has his stuffy nose from surgery, so he can't breathe through his nose. I guess he has the virus now. So, another long day at the Fischer house. Let's hope Andrew doesn't get it or ME. We all know there is no one to take care of Mama when she gets sick! I am hoping this week brings SLEEP- after Timmy's virus and Matthew's surgery, we haven't had much of that in the last 5 days. If you see me out in a public, and I look like a train wreck, you will know why!!!!!!

No comments: