My first born has been with us for 5 years. He has brought us more joy than we could ever imagine and his life has blessed us in so many ways. He has taught me a lot about how to be a better mom. He was my first precious boy and to this day when I look into those blue eyes of his, my heart just melts. He is so smart, loving, funny and handsome. I can't imagine what my life would be without him.
So, for fun..... I thought I would do a list of Andrew's quirks, or things we love about Andrew and don't want to forget about our big 5 year old! Some of these are silly, some are serious- but they all make up Andrew. These are in no special order!!!!
1: He can't say his r's. He totally sounds like he is from Boston and Rick and I just crack up. Ask him to say "it's raining it's pouring the old man is snoring."
2: Every night Andrew will pray before bed. Rick taught him a very simple prayer about our family, Jesus, etc. Out of nowhere Andrew adds the line "thank you for this dinner" in the middle of the prayer. We think that he heard my dad pray at dinner, so he thinks that you should always say this when you pray, so he just added it in himself.
3: Andrew has never been to time-out at school, however he lives in time-out when he is home. Just the other day, his friend James said "I never get in trouble." Andrew looked at him and said "Really?!?!?!?! I get in trouble all the time!" Too funny. I love when Matthew starts crying because Andrew hit him. Andrew will say "I didn't hit him, I promise.... I just punched him."
4: Andrew loves super heroes, I think he wants to be one when he grows up.
5: Even at the old age of 5, Andrew will ask to "cuddle" with me several times throughout the day.
6: He has never been under water in a swimming pool, hates to get water in his face and refuses to take a shower. He cries, cries, cries when we wash his hair in the bathtub.
7: Everything has a place and a purpose when it comes to Andrew. He is very logical, and with him "flexible" is not a word. There is ONE way to play and that is "his way" .....end of story. Matthew is still learning this one the hard way.
8: Andrew can add and subtract and figure out simple word problems in his head- he is very number oriented!
9: He won't wipe his own bum, he down right refuses.
10: He is scared to do anything by himself, is afraid of the dark and monsters!
11: If he has a special toy, he will sleep with it under his pillow
12: Papaw is his best friend. He asks if Papaw can come over to play. I ask Andrew if he will take care of ME when he is older and his response is "Papaw first."
13: Andrew loves baseball and soccer
14: Andrew's first friend was Lucy and to this day they are the best of buddies
15: Andrew loves clothes and pajamas. A really cool shirt can put a BIG smile on his face.
16: Andrew spent the first 3 years of his life basically silent, but now that he has found his words we can't keep him quiet. He is turning into a social butterfly- he loves other kids!
17: He thinks the following words are "bad words": pee, poop, stupid, hate, fart. He will call you out if you use any of those words.
18: He has a memory like you would not believe, don't tell him something unless you mean it
19: He is the most observant child I have ever met. He can tell me what all of his friends wore to school that day- his attention to detail is unbelievable!
20: He is the most handsome, perfect 5 year old I have ever met.

Welcome to the world, Andrew- April 30, 2005
Andrew's first birthday- April 30, 2006
Andrew's second birthday- April 30, 2007
3rd birthday picture
4th birthday- April 30, 2009
At school, enjoying his birthday snack with all his friends!
Happy 5th Birthday, Andrew- we love you sweet boy!



No comments:
Post a Comment