We made it! I am so thankful this year is over. It was a great one, but I am tired! We had a lot of obstacles to overcome this year, the greatest being adopting a little girl from China and taking care of her needs (2 big surgeries!) while managing a family of 6 and full time jobs. Next year will feel sooooo easy compared to this year! Andrew had a wonderful year. He really struggled with his stuttering the last few months of school, but I feel confident that will be gone by the time August rolls around. He loved his teachers and developed some sweet friendships. The entire staff knows Andrew and loves him. He fits in so well at Centerfield! I am now moved into my new classroom and ready to start fresh with a new school year. We are going to make the most of this summer before getting back into the swing of things in August. Here are a few pictures from Andrew's last day of school. These pictures are out of order- sorry!
Andrew and I went to the bus dock with all the teachers to say farewell to the buses. It was a bittersweet moment and I definitely had a few tears. I was so attached to those kiddos! Once the buses were gone, we headed back to my classroom. Here is Andrew with his best buddy, Kailyn (her mommy is also a teacher). They are so sweet together! They were running back to my class to watch a movie together, as they have done many times this school year!
Andrew turned the corner for the last time as a K student!!!! His friend is waving bye to him in the background.
Andrew's class cheering... they are now first graders :)
Andrew's class
Andrew with one of his fabulous teachers.... Ms. Dianna
Andrew with Mrs. Wright. We love her! She has the perfect personality for Andrew and did a wonderful job teaching him this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment