I had no plans to work this school year, but I had a school call me that had some extra money to be spent by the end of September. So, I am lucky enough to get to work through the end of September. I work 3 days a week in the morning and the boys go to my friend's house. They love going to see Christy and her girls. They are so comfortable there and Christy knows them really well, too. Everything worked out perfectly and we are so thankful for that. Once this job is over, it will be October and then I can patiently wait for Timothy's arrival.
We are on our second attempt with Matthew and the big boy bed. The first time was pretty easy, and it lasted for a good month. But, suddenly he refused to sleep in the bed and started getting up and walking around in the middle of the night. It got to the point we could hardly get him to lay down in there, so he was back in the crib. We bought him a really cool fire engine bed that is the same size as a crib and has the same feel as a crib. Hopefully this will do the trick.... because baby brother needs that bed in 8 weeks! Other than that, Matthew is doing great! He is such a big boy. Rick and I were talking the other day about how much more mature and advanced Matthew is compared to Andrew at that age. He is so funny and so smart. I really can't think of an easier kid to raise. We were definitely lucky with that little boy!!!
Andrew started baseball again for the fall and LOVES it. Every day he asks me "how many more days until baseball?" I am glad he is happy. I really think that baseball has given him more confidence. He is loving school and loves to play with his best friend Lucy. As a matter of fact, Andrew informed me the other day that when he grows up... "me and Lucy are going to marry ourselves." They really have the sweetest friendship. Andrew is getting into the Magic Treehouse books and loves to read chapters every night. He is also obsessed with connect the dot books and mazes. He loves to count, and we are slowly working our way to 100. He is such a smart kid, we are very lucky!
Timothy is still cooking. It looks like there is a basketball in my stomach. I have never carried a baby like this before. Still not terribly big (in comparison to the others...) but starting to get uncomfortable because of how he is positioned all up front. We have an ultrasound in a few days so I am curious to see if he is fattening up. I keep having dreams that "he" is a "she." I have had several people ask me if I am SURE it is a boy because of the way I am carrying.... yes, people... I am CERTAIN! There is no mistaking those little boys!
We are still waiting on Emma Grace. All our documents are at the Chinese Embassy getting sealed for the 5th time (notarized, county clerk seal, state seal, department of state seal.....blah, blah, blah) We are patiently waiting for the home study report which should be finalized early next week. After that, we have to get our CIS approval and our paperwork is off to China. It is frustrating that we are waiting on 2 documents that are completely out of our control. The wait for a baby has increased to 40 months. There hasn't been much movement with the referrals, so we are expecting it to get even longer. Gosh, Timothy will be Andrew's age when she comes and he isn't even born yet. That is crazy to think about!!!!
The other day, Andrew and I bought Timothy a pumpkin onesie to wear on Halloween. Andrew got REALLY UPSET because I did not by Emma Grace one. I tried to explain to him that she will not be here for a long time, but he told me to save it for her. It is so hard to make him understand just how long we have to wait! I told Andrew that his friend Jacob is having a baby sister and he said, "well, I get a baby sister too." Sometimes I think he wants Emma Grace to be a part of our family more than I do... and that is saying a lot :)
That is all on the Fischer updates. Everyone is happy and healthy. What more can we ask for!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment