Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Family

Well, Brandon has been here for 2 weeks and we have had a blast playing with him and doing all kinds of fun things. Evan and Gina came in town Sunday morning and left this morning (Tuesday). We were so happy to get to see Evan.... we haven't seen him in 2 years!!!! He really couldn't be any cuter and it was great to finally see him. It wasn't the most ideal trip, since we all got sick, but at least we did get to see him and give him some hugs and kisses!!!! I guess I should mention that Brandon and Evan are my brother, Gabe's children. So, my mom and my wonderful, handsome father have 4 grandchildren--all boys!

Matthew came down with something on Friday. He had a fever and was cranky so I took him to the doctor. They said it was an ear infection and put him on an antibiotic. Well, Brandon woke up Saturday morning with a fever and by Sunday he looked like he had been hit by a truck so they took him to the doctor and it was strep throat. Both Brandon and Matthew had high fevers all weekend, so I guess Matthew had strep also. Well, Sunday night I started to feel bad and when I woke up on Monday morning I felt like I had been hit by a truck. I had a fever and a sore throat so bad that I could hardly swallow. I just laid in bed all day because it hurt too bad to walk and talk. So, hopefully the next time we get these 4 kiddos together everyone will be healthy and able to fully enjoy each other's company :) Regardless of the fevers and sickness it was great to see the kids together.

Here are Brandon and Evan. They are very cute kids!!!
The first picture we have of the 4 kids! Evan kept asking "are those my cousins?" and pointing to Andrew and Matthew

How cute is this picture? Andrew and Evan were playing baseball together outside.

Posing together-- Andrew thought he was funny with the ball on Evan's head!

Here are 3 of the 4, Brandon was at the doctor when we took this picture.

Playing at the pool....

Andrew and Evan. Andrew had SO MUCH FUN playing with his cousins. I wish they lived closer. He is going to be bored without them here! Having Brandon around made me wish that Andrew had an older sibling! They just had so much fun together!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Very cute! So I'm trying to figure out how the kids are related to you - I know they are cousins but is that on Rick's side or your side? So those pictures are so cute, the one of them playing baseball looks like a professional photo! Glad that boys had fun!! We miss you all!!