It has been awhile since I have updated. We have been crazy busy, but I am now finally starting to catch my breath. I am counting down the days until Christmas break when I can really slow down and get caught up on life! I just recently completed ALL 5 photobooks for my children, personalized for each one. I am so happy that job is finished, but going through all those pictures made me want to update the blog! Here is just a small update.
Here are the kiddos in mid November. I took them out to get fall pictures. Hannah has changed so much since our family pictures in June and I wanted an updated photo for our Christmas card this year.
Hannah has recovered wonderfully since her surgery on September 30. I'm not going to lie- that first month was one of the hardest months of my life. Hannah was having a difficult time adjusting to her new body, and we were having a hard time managing it while also being a parent to our other 4 children and working full time. It was one of those I-just-want-to-crawl-into-a-fetal-position-and-cry-my-eyes-out kinda months. We are on the other side of it now, and I am so thankful. There were many nights I cried myself to sleep wondering what kind of quality of life my daughter was going to have. I had to tell myself to knock it off, toughen up, and do the best I could. Thankfully I realize now her life will be just fine. On top of it all, she is darling, smart, beautiful, and growing like a weed. What more could I ask for?
This was Hannah just a few hours out of surgery.
And this is Hannah now. She is doing so great. The doctors are so amazed at her recovery and really optimistic about her future. We have one more surgery to go, as we tackle the right kidney this summer. I know we have some more battles to fight in the future, so we are trying to enjoy this time of health over the next 6 months. She is talking a lot more (but difficult to understand) and has the best personality. She loves to play and laugh... it is just amazing to see this little girl now!
Andrew
Matthew
Timothy, on his beloved tractor.
These two pictures are from the day we met Emma Grace in October 2010. I will never forget that happy, but floppy baby we met in China.
3 years later, the same October day, this is my Emma Grace. She is AMAZING. She is so smart, active, and funny. She is such a blessing!
I just love this picture of my girls and their favorite babies!
No comments:
Post a Comment