In June, my sweet Matthew turned 5! That means I have another school aged kiddo, and boy is he excited to start Kindergarten in just a few weeks. Isabel, Gavin, Olivia, Brandon, Evan (his cousins) came to party with us and celebrate our boy. We also had Julie, Travis, Colleen, Michael, G&G, Mamaw and Papaw and Gabe here. We played water games, grilled out, and played around the house.
Here are things I want to remember about my 5 year old:
*he has a gentle heart
*he sacrifices daily so that his sister or brother can have something. Today we were playing a game (Zingo) and we included EG for the first time. He wanted her to win since she hasn't really played games before. Every time a card came up that both he and Emma had... he gave it to her. He always checked her card to make sure she wasn't missing anything.
*he has a sense of humor that catches me off guard. He is SO FUNNY! he comes up with the best one-liners!
*blue blankets are still a must when going to bed... it is so sweet!
*He loves super heroes and star wars. He thinks it is hilarious that I don't know the characters of star wars when he quizzes me
*the boy lives on ham, apple sauce, vanilla yogurt, chicken nuggets and fruit.
*he loves to catch bugs
*unfortunately, he still wets the bed. big time.
*he loves to play outside and ride his bike.
*He says "mommy?" 500 times a day. When I answer him, he says "I just want to know where you are." Oh my, it is so annoying, but definitely something I want to remember.
*his feelings are hurt easily- he is sensitive
*he loves to play baseball
Happy Birthday to my sweet little guy! From the moment he was born, this kid has been a piece of cake! He is sweet, affectionate, loving, giving and warm-hearted. I am so excited to have Matthew at school with me next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment