Thursday, May 24, 2012

Emma' Referral Day

On May 21, 2010 we got an email from China saying we were matched with Liu Rong Jia. We had 72 hours to decide, but we knew immediately she would be our daughter. I will never forget that night. I was on my way to bed, depressed that another shared list had come and gone and we were still not matched. It was 3 days after the list came out, so we would have to wait another month. But, little did I know that someone from our agency in Beijing had to go into work on a Saturday morning to check something. While there, he decided to check the shared list to see if any children were released. And there she was... our Emma Grace. And there we were... at the top of the list and next in line. God hid her for us for the first 72 hours until we were next in line, lucky us. Can't believe I have been staring at that face for 2 years. We love you, Emma Grace!  




No comments: