Friday, October 21, 2011

Happy 2nd Birthday, Timmy!

My baby boy is now 2! (and I am officially the mother of TWO 2 year olds...) We celebrated his birthday party a few weeks ago with family so it was just us on his birthday. I took him to play in the church playroom, he got a yummy lifesaver gummy treat after lunch and we went out to eat at his favorite restaurant for dinner. We topped it all off with brownies and cupcakes...YUM! We recycled Andrew's old trains for Timmy's birthday. They have been packed away for all of Timmy's life, so it was something new for him. He LOVED his new trains!!!!! Why go buy something when you have something that cool packed away? He loved it when we sang "happy birthday" to him... big smiles from my handsome little man! Here are some things I don't want to forget about my 2 year old:
*he has crazy curly hair and I must figure out what to do with it... it's a mess!
*he has a special Winnie the Pooh blanket he sleeps with every night. There is a pooh bear on 2 of the corners and he has basically chewed them off. He loves to suck on his blanket!
*he climbs on anything and everything
*he LOVES to jump on the trampoline
*he is an outdoor boy, he could play outside all day if we let him
*he loves his sister, but doesn't show it well. When other kids are around, he makes sure Emma has all her toys and will take stuff out of the hands of other children to give it to his sister. BUT, when it is just the two of them, he takes all her toys and throws them so she can't get them.
*he has to take a book and other little "treasures" to bed with him every night. He sits up in his bed and reads the books until he falls asleep. When he wakes up in the morning, you can always find him reading books again!
*he loves books and puzzles
*he does not like me to wear shoes. He will grab my shoes (while screaming) and say OFF! When I take them off, he runs and throws them over the baby gate. In his mind, if he can't reach them, neither can I. No shoes means I can't leave :) Smart boy, huh???
*feeding time is a nightmare... Timmy and Emma constantly steal food from each other and scream their little hearts out.


This is my handsome little man on his 2nd birthday, October 19, 2011.

On his first birthday, October 19, 2010. I had to leave my baby boy the very next day to fly to China!


Happy Birthday, Timothy! October 19, 2009.

No comments: