Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Boys, oh boys!


I was out back cutting the grass and Andrew was just walking around playing. (Matthew was sleeping). He comes in the backyard, and I see his face covered in grease so I have to stop the lawnmower. Andrew says, "I'm gonna need a little help getting cleaned up." Then he goes on to tell me that he was playing under the car, as if it was no big deal. So, we walk in to clean him up and my camera was right there.... this one was too good not to get on tape! He later confessed that he was picking flowers and putting them in the exhaust pipe.

Oh, man.... this week has been a doozy. As my boys get older, I feel like I get gray hairs by the minute. They are such a handful, and no one could really ever understand it until they have both of them for an extended period of time AND have the task of taking them into public. The other day I had to stop and say "did that really just come out of my mouth?????" To an outsider, the things I have to say might seem a little comical, but to me.... it is just life! For example, I have actually said the following to my children:
*** Don't climb on a glass table, that can break
***Probably not a good idea to tie a rope around your neck
***Did you poop in your pants....NO???? What is that smell????
***Andrew, quit strangling your brother
***You were playing UNDER THE CAR??????? WHAT?!?!?!
***Where is Matthew? Did I lose him AGAIN? 
***Please don't stick that knife in the outlet again
***Get your hands out of the toilet
***Why did you punch Matthew in the face?

And the list goes on and on and on.... I could probably add to it daily because EVERYDAY my children do something that make me say "did he really just do that?" 

No comments: