Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Spoke Too Soon!!!!

OK, so most people that look at this blog know all about our adventure to the ER Sunday night. Just a few short hours after I posted the last blog, Andrew's throat starting bleeding. After speaking to the doctor and realizing the blood was not stopping, we took him to the ER at Kosair where he ended up having emergency surgery to stop the bleeding. We made it there just in time because Andrew threw up all of the blood that he had been swallowing within a few minutes after arriving at the hospital. Oh, my.... it was quite an emotional adventure. He lost a lot of blood and it was very, very scary. So, I will save all the details because most people already know them! So, knock on wood this time..... Drew really is completely fine. He has been eating and playing and living without pain medicine since we got home from the hospital Monday afternoon. I check his mouth frequently for bleeding and everything looks great. As far as I can tell, Andrew is acting just like he always did! Maybe this time we are really in the clear!!!!!

No comments: